Loss of Job
HCC Career & Job Placement
HCC'S Career & Job Placement Services can help you find a job, update your resume, work on your interview skills, and other employment-related assistance. Click here for HCC Career & Job Placement Locations (www.hccs.edu/career).
Work Study @ HCC
Student's with financial aid maybe eligible to participate in Work-Study. Work-Study students work part-time (up to 19.5 hours/week) on-campus or off-campus.
Contact Financial Aid for more information.
JobsNOWHouston show in-demand occupations & accelerated certificate & education pathways offered at HCC.
- Apply for Texas Unemployment
- Workforce Solutions
- Community Resource Center @ Memorial Hermann
- Greater Heights: 713.314.8100 @ 1740 West 27th St, Suite 331, Houston, TX 77007 (MHResourceCenterGH@memorialhermann.org)
- Southwest: 713.456.6814 @ 7777 Southwest Freeway, Suite 110, Houston, TX 77074 (MHResourceCenter@memorialhermann.org)
- Assists Community with Applying for SNAP, Medicaid, CHIP, TANF, Gold Card, Food & Social Service Resources (Legal, Basic Needs, Financial, Behavioral Health, Transportation, Employment, etc)
- Workforce Solutions (https://www.wrksolutions.com/)
- Careerlink-Online Employment Hub
- Staffing Agencies in Houston by HoustonCaseManagers
- Use Google to search for jobs
Free/Low-Cost Professional Business Wear
- HCC Emergency Help: Whatever the case may be, we have resources to help you not let a financial emergency take your attention away from school. Current students facing financial emergencies during the semester are encouraged to apply for available emergency aid based on need eligibility requirements.
- HCC Financial Coaches connect you with on-campus and community resources that will help you push through financial emergencies; make refunds last longer, and start making steps toward financial security.
- HCC Scholarships: In addition to federal and state aid, scholarships are a great way to help with the cost of your education. We encourage you to learn about the different types of scholarships awarded by financial aid, the HCC Foundation, and outside groups.
- HCC Financial Aid: Financial aid is available to help eligible part-time and full-time students pay for college. It can be a combination of scholarships, grants, loans, and Work-Study.
The information provided by external resources - including third-party websites - is designed to provide helpful information on topics and community resources. HCC does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content, use, or availability of resources provided by external websites or agencies. HCC makes no representations as to the eligibility of any particular student to receive any benefit or the effects – such as those impacting immigration status – that accepting a resource may have on a student. Students in populations that may have specific additional needs are encouraged to seek advice from a relevant professional or reputable resources, such as immigration counsel or a qualified website.