Food & Hunger
Free Groceries @ HCC
HCC helps students through on-campus Eagle Markets (pantries on-campus) and Community Health Market Trailers (once-a-month distributions at specific campuses).
Eagle Markets Campus Locations. Each location has a monthly visit limit, please ask the location about visit limits. Some offer personal hygiene items and/or groceries:
- Alief Hayes Eagle Market-NO FOOD/GROCERIES at this location, but has personal hygiene & household goods (Link to Register)
- Central Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details)
- Coleman Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details)
- Northline Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details)
- Southeast Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Link to Register)
- Spring Branch Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details, FLYER)
- Stafford Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details)
- West Loop Campus Food Scholarship Program & Eagle Market (Email for Details)
- Students are able to drop by any listed Eagle Market to receive items.
- If you are not able to drop by an Eagle Market, there may be several nearby food pantry locations.
Community Health Market Trailer - Please see the calendar below for distributions. HCC has partnered with the Houston Food Bank to provide FREE GROCERIES to students, faculty & staff. No pre-registration is needed. Come early at 10 am before items run out. All items are subject to availability. Please bring your Houston Food Bank Scholarship ID Card. If you do not have a Houston Food Bank Scholarship ID arrive 10-15 minutes early so you can fill out a Houston Food Bank Scholarship Application.
- HCC Emergency Help: Whatever the case may be, we have resources to help you not let a financial emergency take your attention away from school. Current students facing financial emergencies during the semester are encouraged to apply for available emergency aid based on need eligibility requirements.
- HCC Financial Coaches connect you with on-campus and community resources that will help you push through financial emergencies; make refunds last longer, and start making steps toward financial security.
- HCC Scholarships: In addition to federal and state aid, scholarships are a great way to help with the cost of your education. We encourage you to learn about the different types of scholarships awarded by financial aid, the HCC Foundation, and outside groups.
- HCC Financial Aid: Financial aid is available to help eligible part-time and full-time students pay for college. It can be a combination of scholarships, grants, loans, and Work-Study.
SNAP Available for College Students
Texas SNAP Eligibility Requirements for students in high education.Apply for SNAP
The information provided by external resources - including third-party websites - is designed to provide helpful information on topics and community resources. HCC does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content, use, or availability of resources provided by external websites or agencies. HCC makes no representations as to the eligibility of any particular student to receive any benefit or the effects – such as those impacting immigration status – that accepting a resource may have on a student. Students in populations that may have specific additional needs are encouraged to seek advice from a relevant professional or reputable resources, such as immigration counsel or a qualified website.