Help for Financial Emergencies and Disaster Recovery
We get that while you're working hard to manage bills, work, family and school — "life" can shift your focus away from class. Whatever the case may be, we have resources to help you not let a financial emergency take your attention away from school. Current students facing financial emergencies during the semester due to COVID-19 or other reasons are encouraged to apply for available emergency aid based on need eligibility requirements.
Below you will find details, eligibility requirements and application process for aid available to help with financial emergencies or disaster recovery. If you are approved to receive emergency aid funds, you will not have to pay those funds back. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Aid Resources
HEERF Emergency Aid Ended
Please be advised that, to our knowledge, there will be no more federal emergency aid for COVID-19. Students still experiencing financial constraint are encouraged to take advantage of the resources listed below.
HCC Cares Program
HCC Cares partners with the Houston community to provide support to students with financial trouble. HCC Cares offers assistance with basic needs items such as hygiene products, houseware, bedding, kitchen, and more. Students looking for additional assistance and information on internal and external resources should complete the Basic Need Questionnaire.
Financial Aid Adjustment for Students Experiencing Reduction/Loss of Income or Benefits
FOR FINANCIAL AID STUDENTS
If you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using taxed or untaxed income that has changed due to the COVID-19 national crisis, you may be eligible for an adjustment to your 2022-2023 FAFSA income data.
- If you, or any of your family members listed on the FAFSA, are receiving unemployment benefits, please complete our Special Circumstances Form located on our online forms page.
- If you experience a loss of employment but do not qualify for unemployment benefits, please complete our Special Circumstances Form located on our online forms page.
Discounted and Free Technology Resources
FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Technology loaner program
- Free and reduced costs computers and wifi
- Free software (Microsoft, Adobe and more) for students
- Technology and Password Support Hotline
- Silver Eagle Technology program (for students age 55)