Financial Aid Announcements
HCC Tax Day | March 7 & 9
HCC Financial Coaches have partnered with the AARP Tax Aide Foundation to offer free income tax filing. Any HCC student, faculty or staff member is welcomed to book an appointment to have their taxes prepared by an AARP Tax Aide volunteer, at no cost, as long as they are within scope (see Tax Aide Scope Poster).
March 7, 2023
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
March 9, 2023
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
WHAT TO BRING:
Documents to Bring to your HCC-AARP Tax Days Visit
- Photo IDs (driver’s license or passport, especially for students who are non-resident aliens) for the taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- Social Security cards (or ITINs) for all persons who will be claimed on the tax return
- IRS letter with your Identity Protection Personal Identifying Number (IP PIN)
- Completed Form 13614-C Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
- Completed Form 13614-NR Non-Resident Intake and Interview Sheet for foreign students with Visa status of F-1
- Bring prior tax return if available
Other Tax Documents you may have received:
- Wages, earnings and other income (W-2, 1099-R, SSA-1099, 1099-NEC, 1099-Misc etc.)
- Interest, dividends and investment statements from banks and brokerage firms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.)
- Total paid for daycare and provider’s tax ID; include statement from daycare provider
- Itemized expenses (mortgage interest, real estate taxes and contributions) if you plan to itemize deductions
- Self-employed business income and expenses (expenses must be less than $35,000)
- Health Coverage 1095-A (marketplace), B (insurance company) and C (employer)
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit/debit; voided check is recommended
- Form 1098-T for college tuition expenses. Print the document from your student account.
- Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet completed by the taxpayer (Form 13614-NR for students who are on F-1 Visa status)
- Any and all documents you received from the IRS.
- If in doubt, bring it!
Federal Student Loan Repayment Pause
For more information on the federal student loan repayment pause, click here.
FA to Communicate with Students Through HCC Email Only
Please be advised that Financial Aid will be communicating with students exclusively through HCC email addresses, regardless of the email submitted on the FAFSA application. Students are encouraged to monitor their HCC email accounts closely to ensure they don’t miss any important information regarding financial aid. Students who have not been assigned an HCC email will receive communications to their personal email account until their school email address has been created by HCC.
Are all of your courses covered by Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is awarded based on your enrollment status.
- Full-Time Status – Enrolled in 12 or more credits
- Three-Quarter-Time Status – Enrolled in 9 – 11 credits
- Half-time Status – Enrolled in 6 – 8 credits
- Less than Half-Time Status – 1 – 5 credits
When you enroll in a course that is not part of your active program plan, the course credits cannot be counted toward the enrollment status that determines the amount of financial aid awarded to you.
Your financial aid has been adjusted based on the classes that apply to your program plan. If your adjusted financial aid package is not enough to cover full cost of the courses that aren’t on your program plan, you will be responsible for any unpaid tuition and fees.
NEXT STEPS: CONTACT YOUR ASSIGNED ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Please connect with your assigned academic advisor to review which courses you need to complete your academic program plan. Below are steps to find your assigned academic advisor.
- Visit HCC MyEagle https://myeagle.hccs.edu and select ‘Student Sign-in’ to login
- Click Continue
- Select “Academic Progress” tile
- Select “Advisors” on left to see assigned academic advisor
To contact an Academic Advisor, please visit the Virtual Lobby page to access virtual and in-person services.
Check Status and Contact Financial Aid
Beginning September 6, 2022, Financial Aid will be servicing students in-person during the following times.
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Spring Branch
- West Loop
The following campuses will be servicing students, in-person, at a limited schedule:
- Codwell | Monday & Wednesday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Coleman | Tuesday & Thursday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- South | Tuesday & Thursday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Students can reach the Financial Aid Office Call Center:
- Monday—Thursday | 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Students can reach financial aid by phone at: 713-718-2000 option 2.
Please note, we may be experiencing unusually high call volumes so if you are unable to reach us by phone, please view multiple ways to contact us below.
Students can connect with a Financial Aid or Cashier's Office representative via the Zoom Lobby for questions on financial aid, payment/payment plans, and billing.
Connect with a Financial Aid or Cashier's Office representative via the Zoom Lobby.
ZOOM LOBBY HOURS
- Monday - Thursday | 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- The first Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Contact FA Over Winter Break:
Financial Aid will be available via the Zoom Lobby over winter break with the following availability.
December 20-22 & 26-29
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
We have a team of financial aid advisors and assistants available to answer your questions in a timely manner. To ensure we adhere to identity verification requirements, we are requiring all students to communicate with the Financial Aid Office using their HCC student email accounts.
Please use your student email account to email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com. To access your student email, please visit: myeagle.hccs.edu and select the email icon/tile.
Dropbox Locations to Submit Documents
We're happy to announce that student document drop off boxes are now available at the various locations listed below. Students who wish to submit their documents in-person can now do so safely and securely during the day as well as after hours.
District | 3100 Main St West Entrance of the Building
Central Learning Hub | 1300 (B) Holman 77004
Coleman | 1919 Pressler 77030
South East (Southeast Learning Hub) | 6815 Rustic St. 77087
Northline (North Entrance Building A) on Lyerly St | 8001 Fulton 77022
West Loop | 5601 West Loop South 77081
Alief - West Houston Institute | 2811 Hayes 77082
Stafford- Stafford Learning Hub | 10041 Cash Rd. 77477
Spring Branch | 1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. 77043
We also have the Financial Aid Student Resolution Center as a resource. Please use this if you have a financial aid issue that needs review and resolution. You can submit your question/issue by clicking here.
Check Financial Aid Status Online
To check your financial aid status and checklist items, please visit the Student Service Center at myeagle.hccs.edu.
- Select the Checklist tile/box to view Financial Aid to-do list Items that will note what documentation or forms you need to submit.
- Select the Financial Aid tile/box to view financial aid award amounts and statuses.
Financial Aid Contact Center
We at HCC Financial Aid are here to help you with your questions and concerns. Please visit our Contact Page to view the most current contact methods, hours, and annoucements.