DEI Design Contest
April is National Diversity Month and to commemorate it, HCC is hosting the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Design Contest.
All currently enrolled students are invited to create and share a design that represents what diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and social justice mean to them for a chance to win a scholarship to cover tuition and fees.
- First Prize: $1000 scholarship sponsored by HCC Foundation
- Second Prize: $500 scholarship sponsored by HCC Foundation
- Third Prize: $250 scholarship sponsored by HCC Foundation
The steps to participate in the contest are below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Submit Design
The contest is open to all current students enrolled at Houston Community College.
Each designer will design a visual representation of what Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Social Justice mean to them.
Submission Guidelines + Timeline
- Each entry must be submitted/uploaded by April 19.
- Please spellcheck all text in the entry.
- Upload your digital file or scanned image by using the online submission form. Please click here to submit your design.
Judging Process + Timeline
- The top three entries will be reviewed by HCC Faculty, Staff, and the DE&I design team.
- The design has to be presented in a visual format, that will be displayed at the DE&I Conference on April 22 at West Houston Institute.
- Winning entries will be asked to submit working files (IDML, and linked files).
Terms and Conditions
- Submissions must be original work. Every designer certifies that their submission does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party and that their submission does not violate any trademark or copyright laws.
- Every designer assumes the responsibility and legal repercussions for the copyright or trademark infringement of their submission.
- The winning designer relinquishes all rights to their submission to Houston Community College, including but not limited to the right to modify and publish the design in PR/promotional materials, such as marketing publications, advertisements, promotional items, merchandise, and any College-related publication, without limitation for an indefinite period of time.
- The winning designer grants permission to Houston Community College for use of his/her personal name, and image and understands that his/her winning submission may appear in whole or in part, in any of the wide variety of formats and media now available to the College and all that may be available in the future, including but not limited to print, broadcast, videotape, CD-ROM and electronic/online media.
- The winning designer will not receive any royalties from the sale of items bearing the winning name and/or design.
- Submissions will not be returned to the designers. No responsibility can be accepted for submissions that are lost, delayed, or damaged.
- In the event of duplicate design submissions with the design, the entry submitted first will be accepted. The date and time of contest submissions will be recorded.